Seeking Volunteer Development Associate
A Development Associate provides vital support to the fundraising and coalition-building efforts of My Choices. Duties include:
• Conducts research on prospects, including individuals, corporations and foundations identified by development officers as potential sources of private funds for specific projects of My Choices. In addition, conducts ongoing research in business, philanthropy and related fields to identify potential donors and sources of donor information.
• Prepares a variety of reports including contact and giving history and prospect clearance status. Enters data into online spread sheets on a timely basis for prospect tracking purposes.
• Presents results of research in the form of written reports which include, as appropriate, both detailed information organized to facilitate retrieval and analyses of the significance of the information. Reports may include copies of resource materials as needed.
• Participates in the formulation of fund-raising strategy for projects through meetings and discussions with My Choices team and staff.
• Makes recommendations about appropriate contacts or visits for My Choices team.
• Drafts proposals and other documentation needed for applications to grants and other fundraising opportunities.
Experience / Knowledge: Experience in the above mentioned duties is preferred. Knowledge of and skill in word processing, data entry and data analysis, as well as demonstrated
computer aptitude and experience is required.
Languages (required): English
Long-Term Contribution: Long-Term Contribution opportunities are skills-based, and require volunteers to contribute substantially to the programs of My Choices over a minimum period of 1 month. Long-Term Contributions most often require an individual to be present locally to participate.
All volunteer applications should be sent to email@example.com . Please include a cover letter stating your interest in either long-term or one-off volunteer opportunities and your CV.
For more information about My Choices, visit our blog !